Technician autoclaving support schedule for the Biological Sciences Building:
- Monday-Friday from 9:30 am (excluding statutory holidays), last drop-off time will be 3:00 pm.
If you wish to use the autoclave between 8:00 am-9:30 am, please fill out the autoclave google document (4) as normal and indicate which of the 4 autoclaves you will be using.
To use the autoclaves:
- You must have completed the “Autoclave Training” course offered through https://wpl.ubc.ca/
- Everyone should have their Biological and Chemical Safety Courses.
- In addition, for use of the BioSciences autoclaves: Zoology and Botany require you complete an autoclave training session with Joanne Denny (email@example.com)
- For anyone who deals with hazardous waste, there is also a “Hazardous Waste Management Training” course.
· If autoclaves in the same room are booked at the same time, please limit the number of people in the room to 1 person at a time.
· Please wipe down the screen with a paper towel sprayed with 80% ethanol. DO NOT spray the 80% ethanol directly onto the autoclave touch screen as this may cause damage.
· Please fill out logbook and notify Jessica Trat (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Joanne Denny (email@example.com) and the technician on duty if they are any errors on autoclave
· If your load will finish after 9:30 am, the technician will take it out and leave in the drop-off area
Hazardous Biological Autoclaved Waste Disposal:
For more information on disposing of Hazardous Biological Autoclaved Waste, please visit our Waste Management page.
- Autoclave protocol (updated May 14, 2021),
- Autoclave Good Practices Guide,
- Autoclave Drop-Off Form,
- Autoclave Google Document
- Zoology_Botany Guideline for the Safe Use of Autoclaves (February 2021)