Page last updated on 2022-06-08
*** Please make sure to include your name and/or your lab name as part of the address when providing shipping information to sender. This will help limit the number of recipient-tracing email sent to the entire Department.
*** Please notify Ship/Rec via email in advance if your package requires any additional care (e.g. perishable items/refrigeration, live animals etc.)
- As we have limited space in the fridge, perishable items should be picked up on the same day upon receipt of the notification email.
- Non-perishable items should be picked up within 5 business days.
- The ship/rec freezer only reaches -18°C, any items that require storage temperatures to be below -18°C should be picked up right away.
- When picking up, please locate your name / lab name on the parcel tracking sheet and sign for the item(s) being picked up.
Shipping via FedEx:
- Please use the kiosk computer in the ship/rec office to create your own waybill. There are step-by-step instructions on the desktop and in-person assistance is available if required.
- For same-day pickups, please make sure the item is ready to go by 2pm.
Ordering from International Suppliers (message from UBC Procurement Services):
- Please advise international suppliers to use the UBC customs broker, Thompson Ahern International, when ordering. Contact Email: UBC@taco.ca
- The worktag must be informed to the supplier to add to the paperwork. So that once our broker gets the paperwork, they are able to charge the correct worktag for the order.
Your First and Last Names
Your Lab Name
6270 University Blvd
Soil waste bin key pickup
Compressed gases cage
The compressed gases cage is located outside of the ship/rec office in the East Wing of the Biological Sciences Building.
It should be used only as delivery space, NOT storage. To avoid overcrowding the space, please note the following:
- If you are expecting any new deliveries from Linde/Praxair, please pick them up within three business days upon arrival. The cage is not to be used as long-term storage.
- Key to the cage is available for pickup during Shipping/Receiving’s hours of operation.
Hazardous waste drop-offs: chemical waste, solvent waste, autoclaved biomaterials and lab glass waste
- UBC Environmental Services has been scheduled to pick up Bio- and Chemical waste every Thursday. Dropping off any bio- or chemical waste throughout Monday-Wednesday is encouraged.
- Please ensure to attach the appropriate documentation on each item.
- Autoclaved biomaterials must be double-bagged (triple-bagged if necessary) to prevent leaking. Each bag must be left to cool completely before dropped off to the waste storage room at shipping/receiving.
- Glass waste
- Once glass waste container is 3/4 full, tie bag closed and ensure no glass protrudes past the container top.
- - Use approved glass waste containers: 5 gallon grey metal cans or white plastic pails
- Please refer to the Laboratory Glass Waste Disposal Procedure for more detail.
- All Zoology members must follow the same conditions of use listed on the BRC-Zoology Room and Vehicle Bookings website.
- In short, each driver must be a Zoology member (faculty, staff, or graduate student) with valid Class 5 Driver's License.
- Each driver must make their own bookings online as well as picking up / returning the vehicle and key.
- The Vehicle Booking Authorization Form is required at time of vehicle pickup.
- Please fill gas at the end of your trip and bring back the gas receipt + Vehicle Usage Record form upon return.